Recent Posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

the downside to my beautiful studio

Is that I don't have a yard. I miss gardening and having my very own flowers to pick/smell/admire. I have a moderate flower obsession that was only made worse during my brief stint as a floral designer/rose cleaner/ flower shop bitch. Also because of this experience, I generally hate the arrangements at the grocery store- which are the only flowers I can afford to buy for myself. My preference is to go to a florist and buy flowers by the stem and arrange them myself. Below are a few I did for funsies this last winter. I like asymmetrical, sorta wild looking arrangements, obviously.



I also have this fantasy of having Ink and Peat(my favorite florist) surprise me with an arrangement that I pick up on the weekly. However, this would probably cost me at least $30 per week and that's just not in the budget.
I am at this very moment considering, or lets be honest planning, an evening stroll around my neighborhood with scissors. That's right I'm going to steal other people's flowers. Mostly I'm planning on stealing some really beautiful peonies growing on the side of my building. I pay rent here, those peonies are practically mine. Right?

0 comments: