Recent Posts

Monday, April 26, 2010

This is a backwards skate. Backwards skating only. If you cannot backwards skate, please exit the floor

So my good friend Beth (also known as my twin. That probably deserves a blog post. stay tuned) saw my post about Skate Palace and had the following to contribute to my memories:
#1-the DJ at Skate Palace WAS a hot piece of ass. RIGHT?!
#2-please don't forget about the whimsical mountain scenes glo-painted on the walls. Oh, I could never forget. I miss that beautiful scenery. However, if you really need glo-painted mountains, there is a bar in Portland that I can take you to.
#3-I may...or may not...have a dream of making a "Skate Palace" playlist on my iPod, fully equipped with "No scrubs", "YMCA" & many other earthly delights. Me too! I would also add 'always be my baby', 'rollin', 'brass monkey' and I really want to find the wreck skate song...
#4-10 bucks says we were both there, both rocking white (because of the black lights) and people probably thought we were the same person. Yes, definitely a twinsy post to come. Beth, heads up I'm putting your beautiful face on my blog.

Beth's list got me thinking of another Skate Palace wonder.
They had the best sticker machines in town. The best. My brother and I (along with everyone else) collected those fifty cent stickers from the machines. I still have my collection in my memory chest and in a lime green binder no less. I encountered one of these machines this weekend and holy shit- they're still fifty cents. Good to know that some things never change.
IMAG0333

0 comments: