Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Administrative Professionals Appreciation Day


Today is a day to celebrate the women (and I suppose men) who run your life. Below is an email exchange from this afternoon.

I sent to Tracy:
I think that it is a grave oversight that we have failed to acknowledge that administrative professional’s appreciation day (formerly secretary appreciation day) is in fact today. I wonder how we should make this up to ourselves. I also wonder why there weren’t bottles of wine and gift baskets on our desks when we got to work today, Oh wait, that’s because we didn’t do it.

Tracy sent to the Management Team:

I think that it is a grave oversight that you all have failed to acknowledge that administrative professional’s appreciation day (formerly secretary appreciation day) is in fact today. Mary, I wonder how we should make this up to ourselves. I also wonder why there weren’t bottles of wine and gift baskets on our desks when we got to work today, Oh wait, that’s because we didn’t do it.
This HAS to be because you are all so very busy this week with application season......because we know you would never overlook such a thing.

All Smiles Anyway,
Tracy

Cam Responded:
On behalf of the entire management team, please accept my sincere apology for overlooking National Administrative Professionals’ Day. I promise that this will not happen again this year. As a token of our appreciation for your hard work, dedication and gracious reminder, can we take you to lunch on Monday? No expense will be spared.

I Responded:
Tracy Likes Lilies. I prefer Lilacs and peonies.

Cam then sent out an invite to the following event:
Annual (Belated) National Administrative Professional's Appreciation Day's Lunch Celebration Honoring the Work of Tracy and Mary with a Tribute by Colin.
Lunch is here

Then we shot the shit and talked about chicken and waffles for at least 45 minutes.
I love my job

0 comments: