Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nubbin

I'm having surgery today. Nubbin surgery. About a year ago I bit my tongue/burned my tongue/said something so awesome that my tongue couldn't handle it and got one of those angry tastebuds right on the tip. You know the ones. Then it stopped hurting but it stayed there. And now it's about the size of half of a pea. I know, doesn't sound big but I mess with it constantly. Nothing like being in a business meeting and noticing you've been twirling your nubbin on your canine for at least 30 seconds. Professional.
So I'm headed to Kaiser where a doctor who actually wears the reflective head thing-
and hippy clothes and crocs- is going to remove my nubbin. She says it will just feel like I bit my tongue really hard. That's a comfort. Biting my tongue always feels so good.
I also can't eat spicy or salty things for a while. So, I'm not really sure what I'm going to eat.

UPDATE: 1pm. Fuckity fuck. Ouchity fuck. Don't get tongue surgery. Just keep your nubbins.

0 comments: