Recent Posts

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Go! Fight! Win!

Having an incredibly hard time focusing at work today. My current project is coordinating and gathering information for the Wellness Month we're starting next week. However, instead of being productive I've mostly been looking up vegan crock pot recipes and ways to use Kale and Collard Greens. I'm fantasizing about going grocery shopping. Probably won't happen for two weeks but when it does I will be prepared.
I have once again said goodbye to dairy. I fell off the wagon when I worked for Steve and ridiculous stress levels plus hotel food just didn't equal me being able to stay away from cheese- especially out on the ranch in Nevada where I got a real life stink-eye for ordering my salad without steak. 'Hold the cheese' probably would have earned me a boot in the ass. Anyway, goodbye cheese. Goodbye cottage cheese. Goodbye eggs. Hello veggies and no stomach aches and lots of energy.
Speaking of energy, I'm also trying to commit myself to a more active lifestyle. My energy level has been low lately and I'm pretty sure lack of exercise and shitty diet are to blame. I think I mentioned before that I was starting the Couch to 5K program (C25K) which is a 2 month program that trains inexperienced runners for a 5K. I have started this program at least 3 times. This time I'm really trying to stick with it. Right now, I'm on track to run the "Skirt Chaser" on August 7th. I've promised myself to register in July (when I will have the registration fee). This Friday will be the end of week one. I'm also doing things like walking home from work instead of riding the bus and I want to start walking Joey to the dog park a couple days a week.
Another goal is to be able to do the splits by the time I finish C25K. Stretching is by far my favorite part of exercising and if I'm consistantly stretching after my workouts I think I can at least get splits on my right side which is actually something I could never do when I was cheering. Maybe I'll work on my toe touch too. Although I don't know that the folks living below me would be too pleased about that.

0 comments: