Recent Posts

Monday, June 3, 2013

Whoops

Resolution fail, you guys. I had serious intentions of writing daily. I did. And then I didn't, which sucks because I love having this place to record, remember, and revisit the things that happen in my life.
So this is me re-promising myself to write more.
In honor of that, I thought I'd revisit my goals for this year.

1. Remember to write. Find something hilarious or weird or true to write down once a day. 
We've been over this. I'll try to be better.

2. Take voice lessons. I've wanted to do this since I was a little girl. No grand ambitions, just want to know how to sing properly.

I have not made this happen. I did, however, perform what I can only assume was a beautiful version of "Cups" with Jason walking down Hawthorne the other night around 3am. 

3. Participate in the Urban Iditarod. For the last two years my boyfriend and our friends have created awesome shopping-cart structures and donned costumes for a day of drinking and general portlandy awesomeness. I have been unable to join them. This year, I will make it happen. 
Guess what, they CANCELLED it this year. So, this one is actually not my fault. The naked bike ride is this weekend though and it's totally on my bucket list. Stay tuned. 

4. Juice fast. Only like 5 days. I am sometimes not very nice to my body. I put bad things in it. It's time for a re-set. 
4A. Buy a new juicer.
Pat's mom got us a Juicer for his birthday. I did a 3 day fast and I am so sorry to anyone who encountered me during this very trying time. Pat was way better at it than me. He is also being much better about remembering to juice. 

5. Pay off 2 credit cards. This is credit card debt mostly from 3 years ago. Time to get rid of it and start being nicer to my credit score.
Not even close. My 2012 bonus is a big part of this plan. It hasn't arrived yet. Sigh. Also, likely all extra money this year will go to the wedding (oooooh yeah I'm getting married. More on that later.)

6. Run a 5k. I did this a couple years ago but know I couldn't do it again right now. 
Currently training/working up to it. Thinking Electric Run or maybe Zombie Run.

7. Squat 150 lbs. (3 sets of 10)
Working on it. Currently at 75 ,3 sets of 10.

8. Bench 100 lbs. (3 sets of 10)
Working on this too. Currently at 65, 3 sets of 10.

9. Complete two more series at Night Flight. Make time and room in my budget.
There is just no way this is going to happen. See: no money.

10. Finish my tattoo by the end of February.
Another bonus-based dream. New goal: Finish tattoo by end of summer. 

11. Get a savings account. Actually put money in it. 
er.

12. Read 12 new books. 
I would probably be further along on this if I hadn't decided to re-read the Harry Potter series. But I've read 3.5 new books this year so far.

13. Kick ass at my job. 
This is totally debatable. Brewfest was a logistical success this year but didn't make as much money as we hoped. So there is definitely room for improvement.


0 comments: