Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hey Tuesday, let's start over.

So remember how I had a tongue nubbin? Well now I have a hand nubbin. Or a palm nubbin. Me and nubbins go way way back. I had one in middle school in my middle finger but I got rid of that shit by climbing trees. My pain tolerance and gross out tolerance have both since declined so that's not an option this time around.

The new one is right in the middle of my palm. And it hurts when I drive and stuff. It's basically a nuisance so I made a doctors appointment to go get it checked out before I get kicked off my parents insurance in 2 months. But thennnn I forgot and slept through my appointment because I'm a responsible adult.

So I made a new appointment for this morning. I set an alarm like a grown ass woman and left my house with 40 minutes to get there when google told me it would only take 20. Then I sat on Powell for 30 minutes trying to get to the freeway. Not the best, Tuesday. SO I called to reschedule and Melinda was totally mean to me. It's Kaiser so I know that even if I showed up 15 minutes late they would get me in and it would totally screw up their whole day so I thought I'll call and reschedule so I don't ruin someone else's Tuesday.
But Melinda was just super mean. Maybe she hadn't had any coffee yet or maybe she's just a really unpleasant person in general. If you know someone who works at the Beaverton Kaiser, tell them Melinda needs a hug.

I flipped a Uey (how do you even spell that?) and headed to work all jazzed because I was going to be way earlier than usual, only to get stuck on 213 twice-20 minutes each time. I know fixing roads is important and things but isn't there a way to do it that doesn't inconvenience ME? And/or if I'm going to be inconvenienced could someone get on the potholes on that weird hill you have to use to get onto Ross Island?

Then I'm almost to work and realize I straight up forgot to put makeup on today. Like, any. I'm naked. And my eyelashes are blonde so when I forget mascara it's a big deal. So I went to the store and bought some foundation and mascara because I actually have a meeting today and I can't look like some kind of haggard eyelash-less disaster.

So, Tuesday, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get some coffee and put on some Justin Timberlake Pandora and we're going to pretend like none of this ever happened.

0 comments: