Recent Posts

Monday, June 3, 2013

Smoothie lovin

Smoothie with failed friendship bracelet attempt in background.
Here's the thing- your wedding/the year of your wedding is the most photographed time in your life. At least, it's the most professionally photographed time. Going through college with smart phones and facebook- I'm pretty positive that "drunk" is actually the most photographed time in my life. 

That being said, our engagement photos are in a couple months-ish and so I'm trying to get in shape. Not like I'm going to stop eating or anything. I'd be terrible at that. More like I made a smoothie for breakfast instead of just eating half the bag of sour cream and onion potato chips that we have left over from camping. (Potato chips make a perfectly delicious breakfast though, don't get me wrong. Especially smushed in between two pieces of bread with mustard and cheddar cheese...)

I made this smoothie for my late breakfast today while working from home. It is one of my favorite things I've ever made . I think it's at least minimally good for you and it comes in around 285 calories. Super filling and some protein for this vegetarian lady.

1 cup Almond Milk
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1/2 a container of raspberry greek yogurt (about 3 oz)

Blend until all of the banana chunks are gone. Then put it in your mouth and be full for hours. I'm actually struggling to finish mine.

Update: I am eating a mustard, cheese, pickle, and sour cream & onion chips sandwich for lunch and I don't even feel bad about it because I killed it at the gym. Then again, I never feel bad about mustard and cheese sandwiches. 

0 comments: