Recent Posts

Friday, June 15, 2012

Office/Cave

I work at a garden. A beautiful botanical garden. There are literally 80 acres of flowers and lawns and pretty trees here.
But I can't see any of it.

I was driving into work, listening to Think Out Loud*, sunglasses on, Starbucks vanilla light double shot making me all alertawakealiveenthusiastic. Took the longer way to work for more farmland/less Mt.Angel. All smiley and good mood and 'I'm gonna kick this day's ass!'.

And then it hit me. As soon as I get to work I'm going to have to go sit at my desk. With no windows. Buzz kill to the max. So now I'm sitting at my desk, kicking myself for not bringing my laptop so that I could work on the landing which sits above my desk and houses the only windows in our business office. Which is at a Garden. But we only have one set of windows. At a garden.

I'm just really mourning my sunshiney drive to work happiness and thought the internet might like to know.

*Think Out Loud with Dave Miller is my favorite program on OPB. It's the second reason (after laziness and general affection for sleep and for being in bed) that I leave for work at 9am. The program is one hour, my drive is one our. It's like Dave and I were meant for each other.

I kinda have a radio crush on Dave Miller. (sorry honey.) I've never googled him because I don't know if I really want to know what he looks like. But that being said, I'm going to some OPB function in a couple weeks primarily because he's making an appearance. And I just can't not go.

2 comments:

ridrbsh said...

I called Moonstone and told them to cut a freakin hole in the wall for you. You're welcome.

Mary said...

Thanks, Daddy. But my desk faces a sloping roof. So they would have to make a tunnel to give me a window.