Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Distractions

I have a lot of shit to do(see last post). But in between complaining about how busy and stressed out I am, I'm planning my next road trip with Pat instead of getting shit done-real things with deadlines etc. I just get so distracted planning things for fun instead of planning things I have to plan-which is still kinda fun but of course less, because you have to (and because the event is in less than two weeks).

One of Pat's good friends from college is getting married in Montana at the end of July. So naturally we are turning it into Ghost Town road trip part two- on crack(or bath salts, your choice). Because we're also going to try to go to Yellowstone. And visit Michelle who lives in seriously the bottom of Idaho. Oh and PS attend a wedding.


But there are some out of control awesome ghost towns in Idaho and Montana. With plenty of standing buildings, and hopefully less abandoned motor homes and piles of trash (I'm looking at you Oregon). I'm really into the old jails, and I think a couple on our agenda are still standing. One of them (fingers crossed!) still has standing gallows. And so many cemeteries.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is nothing like a Montanan ghost town. So fun. I can't wait to see pictures/

ridrbsh said...

Your Dad works at the oldest operating prison west of the missisppi and you never asked for a tour of that place.

Mary said...

Well but there's scary men in that prison. Can you clear them out so I can come check out all the old shit?