Recent Posts

Friday, May 27, 2011

We got a place!

Jason, Melissa, and I found a place to live. In SW Portland.

I'm going back to Portland!!!

So exciting. It will be strange/kind of a bummer to not be seeing my current room mates (read: parents/thing one and thing two) on the regular but I love living with Melissa and Jason. They are wonderful room mates and friends and we have ridiculous amounts of fun together. Evidence of said fun (and sexual tension...)

being fabulous.
This is from about 3 years ago in the Eug when we first lived together



So, we're all dressed the same. On purpose. I don't remember why but I remember being really happy about it.
And yep, that's me as a brunette.



Right before Jason left for Hawaii last year. Frolicking in Portland.


This happens.

So there are many photos of us together. We love each other a lot. Also, my hair has been so many colors. I realize this whenever I go through old photos. Was yearning for blonder days but I'm digging the dark hair too. Maybe for the winter.

Uh, I digress.

Our house is in a lovely area and the living room is spacious enough for my big blue couch which makes me real happy. In addition, the landlord is going to let me build a fence in back so that Joey can frolic and I won't have an anxiety attack.
Because my job is in Silverton, I will have an hour commute each day, each way. Which, is balls. But I will be living close to my friends and Pat, and working close enough to my parents to make visiting super convenient. So really, it all works out.

Things I want to do at the new house:
Turn an entire wall into a chalkboard (with a piece of plywood and chalkboard paint)
Plant pots of pretty flowers and put them on our giant deck (!)
Take a walk/read at one of the several cemeteries nearby. I love cemeteries. I hope one of them is a pioneer cemetery.
Little succulent garden in my room!


So many happy new things going on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for you guys. I hope you have a great time and share a million laughs.

Cassie said...

Your list of things you want in your next place sound wonderful. And Portland!! What a wonderful place. I live just across the bridge in Camas, WA.

Good luck with the move!

Cassie

Mary said...

Portland is indeed wonderful. Thanks for the well wishes ladies