Recent Posts

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011

This will be the third year I've posted this quote and I have yet to find something that so perfectly captures my hopes for a new year

"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
Neil Gaiman

I won't say resolutions, but this year, I want to:

Learn to knit. I want to use giant needles and fat soft yarn like my friend jbox to make super cozy amazing scarves and eventually blankets.

Open an Etsy shop. I like to make things. It would be fun to sell them to people. Even if it was only a couple people.

Learn how to use a digital camera properly. I have to get a new camera first, but then I want to learn how to use the buttons and the settings. Too many amazing photos have been lost to blurry and dark ignorance of how to take a picture!

Take a class at Night Flight. Doesn't this look awesome? My company gave them a small business loan and I so badly want to take a class. Spring, mayhaps?

Start a collage book. This is inspired by two people. The first is miss Ricci Cande who is one of the most creative people I know. She does collage books all the time. The other is miss Michelle (always all up in my inspiration grill) and her two friends Laura and Anna who have an amazing little blog called Someday Hopes. I especially love it because most of their someday hopes are also my someday hopes. Anyway, I want to keep a collage book similar to their blog.


Happy 2011!






0 comments: