Recent Posts

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oy

I've been losing faith in my veganish diet lately. For a couple reasons.
1. I don't have any money to go grocery shopping and my roomies are all meat eaters so really the only food in the house that's me-friendly is pbj and pasta with red sauce. ugh.
2. Pizza smells amazing.
3. even though I enjoy cooking once I actually do it, I have to plan it ahead of time and that's annoying. So I've been living on burritos. Laughing planet, burrito boy, mucho gusto...all of the above. all delicious. But seriously, I don't think my diet is very balanced

But, the thought of eating meat actually grosses me out, which is a good thing. And I know that even a little bit of dairy would be a very slippery slope. And seriously, that stuff is terrible for you.

I began wading through vegan blogs again today. I found vegan dad. And he has restored my enthusiasm. I find myself adding every single one of his recipes to my 'must try' list. They all look so easy and are not based on mushrooms. Too much vegan food relies on mushrooms (including gardenburgers, apparently the only kind of veggie burger that restaurant chains recognize. sick. THERE ARE OTHERS. Give me some boca for goodness sakes. oh my gatitos negros) which I find disgusting. Vegan dad specializes in kid-friendly vegan, healthy food. And kid friendly food is mary friendly food.

0 comments: