Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eugene for a day

Yesterday I went to visit my friends Jessica and Jbox in Eugene, where I went to school and lived for 4 years. It was a lovely and relaxing day. And there were at least 3 solid hours of sunshine which at this point is incredible. Oregon is having the saddest spring in something like 50 years. Portland is closing public parks because they are mud pits. It's out of control.
But anyway, yesterday, I went to Eugene. Stopped at good ol Marie Calendars first to see my boss who I love dearly and still miss. Then Jessica and I took a walk in the sunshine to Cornucopia where they were having Philly Tuesday- A philly (beef, chicken, or tempeh), fries, and microbrew for $11.99! Ye Gads! Their Philly tempeh is one of my favorite sandwiches in the world, if not the universe. I should have taken a picture but I was too busy putting it in my face. Our next adventure was to walk to Sweet Life where we ordered an embarrassing amount of dessert.
From the left, clockwise: tres leche cake, lemon bar, coconut almond bar, and orange sour cream cake with chocolate mousse filling. We did have to get to go boxes.

When Jbox got off work we walked over to La Oficina which we had all seen but never been inside. It is a Mexican Applebees. My poor photo does not do it justice but there is shit all over the walls and they play soft rock favorites on the radio. The food was good, the service was good, and the decor was very festive.


All I did yesterday was eat, walk, and laugh. Such a good day with my lovely Eugene friends.

0 comments: