Recent Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

A case of the Mondays

Things that made this Monday more bearable than most (even though I didn't get president's day off...womp womp)

-Free parking downtown because of the holiday. Score!

-Starbucks meeting with our September Bride to meet her mom and discuss details. Three great things about this. 1. got me out of the office for an hour and a half. 2. I got to show the bride some inspiration boards I spent a lot of time on and I think they were at least a little helpful. yay!
3. Grande soy latte with vanilla.

-There was nobody in the office so I got to catch up on Lauren and Michelle's blogs(not all day! just a little. I did work. a little.). My favorites. Look how stinking cute Lauren's latest outfit post is.

-Also, got to talk to Michelle a bit tonight which was double awesome.
She was my first friend in college and the only person I know who really shares my interest in all things pretty/bloggy/bridal/styled.

-While I was at work my dad posted a bunch of great photos like this one of Joseph at the dog park.


-My valentine's flowers are still kickin. The tulips gave up on me this weekend but I re-worked the rest a little and they still look quite pretty. My branches are even growing little leaves!



-Sorta related, went through the first pictures I took with my new ($40 from BigLots!) camera and there are several drunken/silly photos of Pat and I that are enjoyable even if not necessarily attractive. For example,


-The drive home was a breeeeeeze because of the people who had the day off. Beautiful sunset and it only took me 40 minutes. If only that could happen every day.

-My parents made really delicious brussel sprouts for dinner.

-And now, I know that I get to sleep past 5am tomorrow because I don't have to be in the city till 9 for an Administrative Assistant Conference. Which means although I don't have the day off, I will not be in my office. So, that's a perk.

I hope this sets the tone for the rest of the week. It is waaay past my bed time. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i found your blog via michelle's link. your job sounds so fun!

Mary said...

:) My day job is fun when I get to dink around all day. But it's not terrible otherwise. My second (unpaid!) wedding planning job is very fun though.