Recent Posts

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bologna Sandwich


I want one. And I want it bad. I want it on cheap white bread with american cheese, mayo and mustard. I want it with crunchy cheetos on the sandwich and on the side. And I want it now. (by the way, I didn't take this picture. Whomever did just happens to have the same distinguished tastes that I do. Poor pickle choice though. Those most definitely are NOT Vlasic Zesty Dills or Rick's Famous Hot Pickles)

It seems to me that they should be able to make meatless bologna that tastes like regular bologna. I mean, most of the flavor doesn’t come from the meat anyway. It comes from the wonderful salt and chemicals that they put in all of those mystery meat parts to make them palatable. Palatable-hell, delicious. This is what actually blows my mind about the poor taste profiles (in my opinion) of fake lunch meat/processed meat. They almost have hot dogs down- almost. But come on food engineers of the world, get your shit together. If you can make pureed hooves, ears, and rat bits taste that good, I feel like you should be able to do the same for my soy-based treat.

There should also be an identical dairy free version of American cheese because although it’s full of casein and whey, it sure as shit isn’t actually cheese. There must be a way to accomplish the same product without dairy.

0 comments: