Recent Posts

Monday, July 12, 2010

Before I'm too old to see rock formations...

I want to brush up on my geology knowledge and take a geology road trip across the US. I love geology. Volcanoes. Earthquakes. Fossils. Rocks. Geology is freaking awesome. I would like to be an amateur geologist- just know enough so that when I see some rock layering, or a formation, I can figure it out. And then I'd drive across the country and see dormant/active volcanoes, interesting rock formations, mineral deposits, etc. Before I die, this will happen.
Sick.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

You mustmustmust look into John McPhee's books.He describes geology across the U.S. in the most amazing and accessible ways.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Alright woman, you gotta let me know when you start new blogs. Because I read your comment, and it sounded like you. So I replied. Then I clicked on you and it was a blog I didn't recognize and then the comment was inappropriate and then I realized that it must be you. So, I love you. is all.