Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good days and bad days

I realize I've been failing on the blog front lately. It always happens that way. I'll write a ton and then disappear for a lil bit. But I've actually been pretty busy. Two weekends ago I was in Waldport with friends celebrating multiple birthdays in a pretty great beach house. Last weekend I was in California for a wedding and to meet the parents. Photos and posts on both of those weekends coming.

In the mean time,

I had a shitty day yesterday. It was my first day back at work after 5 days in California with Pat. I was not pleased to be off vacation, away from him, back at work, and in the rain. My mother was making me feel violent (nothing new, really. That's what we do. But it was really the shit filled cherry on top of my day). I also found out that I owe an obscene amount of money on my taxes. So I hid out in my room and read Lauren's blog and Green Wedding Shoes and browsed craigslist for houses that won't be available to me because I'm not moving for another 3-4 months and edited cute pictures of Pat and I that were taken on our trip until I fell asleep, spooning Joey.

And then I woke up and said to myself 'hey knock it off asshole'

And then I had a good day. I wore a basset hound broach and took my time getting ready-which means that I was late to the train so I had to drive to work. But that meant I all of a sudden had some extra time. So I got an egg mcmuffin(no ham) and some of those bomb diggity hashbrowns. And orange juice. I know it's terrible for you, but I am rarely able to be unhappy following mcdonalds breakfast.


So then I drove to work and I was busy all day so it went pretty fast. The twigs that were in the arrangement Pat sent me on Valentine's Day are still growing more leaves so I changed their water and placed them where they could get more sun. I like that they're still alive so that I can look at them and be reminded of that lovely surprise.
I went running at lunch with two girls from my office. Our pace was slow for them, but much faster than I usually go. It pushed me (and nearly killed me) but it was good. Shamrock run is Sunday and I will at least be able to finish it. I will be red and splotchy and sweaty and probably quite wheezy but it will be pretty awesome to check that off of my list. Azmacort inhaler, I couldn't have done it without you.
I went to Fred Meyer after work and stocked up on travel sized toiletries. I am back and forth so much to Pat's that I carry a full arsenal of miniature beauty products with me. And now I keep a bag at work too for showering after I run so that must be stocked. I love travel-sized things though. They're adorable.
Tonight my mom made cheese and garlic biscuits and also brownies. So I was in fat kid heaven. And then I sat on her lap and watched American Idol and she put lots of little braids in my hair that I'm currently trying to untangle.
We also talked about my grandma Ivalee at dinner (mom's mom.). Isn't Ivalee a wonderful name? She collected owls before it was cool and she called me Mary Muffin. Here we are :)


So I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes I'm all...


But then I get my shit together and I'm all...



0 comments: