Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

beautiful torturous lunchtime

I'm on lunch at work, eating leftovers of a meal that my lovely lady friend bought me that neither of us could rightfully afford, dreaming of my dinner of peaches and pickles (?!) and taking advantage of the internet (because I don't have access at home!) by browsing Sartorialist, Urban Weeds and Lookbook.nu. And now all I want to do is go on a thrift-store shopping spree that I obviously can't afford because a round meal is something I can barely remember and I don't turn my heat on anymore. But I want amazing sweaters and colored tights and beautiful ridiculous clothing that Melissa would hate but then borrow later. I think my dream is to be photographed for Urban Weeds. I don't flatter myself by thinking that I'm worthy even one day on average out of the week. But, le sigh. Once in a while I pull together something wonderful and I want them to see it.
This hour of fashion obsession is brought on by the fact that I LOVE what I am wearing today. I love those days when I feel exactly like me in the clothes that I put on. My favorite part- the shoes that I found next to a dumpster at Everyday Music. Yeah, you heard me. They fit me and they are lovely and I think we were destined for each other.

0 comments: